VEGAN ADVENTURES IN CROATIA
May 12 – 18, 2019
Day 1 Arriving / Visiting Split
You’ll be met at Split international airport or in Split center by your tour leader.
- Visiting Split, which center is the Diocletian’s Palace – the biggest and the best preserved late-antique palace in the world. Its uniqueness inscribed Split on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Lunch at a vegan restaurant in Split.
- Transport to the hotel.You will be situated in Dalmatian hinterland town Sinj, awarded as European Destination of Excellence (2018.)
- Healthy dinner, introducing the program and socializing in a private eco-friendly atmosphere.
Day 2 Hiking to the mountain Svilaja and Sutina canyon
- The starting point for the ascent is picturesque mountain village Zelovo (800m altitude)
Our route is characterised by diversity of landscape – meadows, cliffs, dry stone walls and different types of forests.
The view from the peak “Eagle rock” (1140) is a special experience – you can see the lake Peruca, highest peak of Croatia, peaks of Bosnia, while wondering about diversity of nature on such a small territory.
It will be served warm and delicious vegan lunch in the mountain house after our return from the peak.
In the afternoon, we will have a short hike in Sutina canyon. This hidden gem of Dalmatian karst is protected area and still unknown for the tourists.
Natural pools, springs, forest and peace are making this place unique.
Day 3 Eco-camp Gea Viva (The island of Brac)
After having breakfast, we go towards Split port and taking the ferry towards the island Brac
Gea-Viva is an eco-camp designed by permaculture principles, which show how to live in harmony with nature by combining spirituality with ecology.
The camp has its own solar showers, energy sources, water reservoirs, garden, orchard and it is only a 15 minute walk from the beach.
It is an ideal place to retreat, to have workshops and for those who want to connect with deeper innerself.
Our lovely hosts will prepare us lunch and give a workshop about permaculture.
Free afternoon which can be used for swimming or exploring the island.
Day 4 Hiking on mountain Kamesnica
- We will visit Kurtegica dolac, the most beautiful part of Kamesnica, which is located on the Bosnian side of the mountain.
- Most of the route takes us through beech and fir forests, which make the trip pleasant even during the hottest weather conditions.
- In enchanting Kurtegica dolac (1450m), you will feel that you are a part of a fairy tale.
- It is possible to proceed towards one of nearby mountain tops (1650m), from where we can see Bosnian and Croatian landscapes.
- Our helpful chefs will prepare us nutritive and delicious lunch packets.
Day 5 Kayaking on the river Cetina / afternoon swimming
The Cetina is the longest Dalmatian river and its natural beauty makes it an inspiration and source of identity for the local people influenced by it.
Since there is no major industry in the area the water is pure so it provides water for the population of Central Dalmatia.
The route is simple and no special skills or strenuous activities are required.
You just need to sit, enjoy the river and occasionally watch not to hit the river bank.
The route takes approximately 3-5 hours, during which we will have a lunch-break.
Afternoon transfer to the coastline for a swimming.
Day 6 Hiking on Nature park mountain Biokovo / swimming on Makarska riviera
- There are few places in the Mediterranean where peaks of over 1,500 metres high come so close to the sea and where mountains rise so steeply as they do here. And Biokovo is one of them.
It rises directly from Adriatic sea, which is among the cleanest in the world.
- During the hiking tour we will a panoramic view towards islands and mighty cliffs of Biokovo.
Our nutrition will come in the form of energy bars and delicious lunch packets.
- Afternoon swimming on picturesque Makarska riviera, charachterized by crystal clear sea, green pines, heavenly beaches, charming bayes and breathtaking views upon Biokovo mountain.
It is a team of our lovely vegan chefs which will provide nutrition and energy to your body during your vacation.
They express their beauty and positive energy through their passion- cooking.
We are especially proud of the fact that their activities and workshops on plant-based nutrition have humanitarian side, dealing with issues of food-waste, ecology and health.
- Dinners are in the restaurant reserved just for our group.
- Some parts of the hiking tour are on Via Dinarica trail, which National Geographic listed as one of the best travel destinations in the world.
You don’t need to be an experienced mountaineer to feel the wonders, magnificence and beauty of these places.
- Private transport throughout the trip
- English speaking guide
- Hiking and rafting program
- 3 days of swimming
- 6 nights hotel accommodation (3*, double room)
- Full board 100% plant based vegan friendly meals
- Ticket for a boat to Brac
- Permaculture workshop
- Travel insurance
Price doesn’t include:
- Airline ticket